Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Guilty Creon

Koumman Lee
Ms.Peiffer
!0IB Hr.4
25 November 2008


Judge, ladies and gentlemen, Creon is guilty of the death of his family members along with the death of Antigone. “I killed you, my son, without intending to, and you, as well, my wife" (Johnston, lines 1340-1341). This , here expains why Creon is guilty. He has mentioned that it was him who killed his family members. Creon was filled with too much pride that his family members died. His pride was one of his emotions that caused many others to suicide. With Antigone he has sentenced her to the death sentence.” Don’t speak of her being here. Her life is over” (line 649). This , here explains his choice to have Antigone die. He didn't care about Antigone anymore with his saying. He said this to Ismene and you can ask my witness Ismene about it if you want. She alone is the lone survivor who is a witness. Another proff is when the chorus asks "How do you plan to kill Antigone"(line 883). The Chorus is someone who has took part with the killing of Antigone. He may have not killed her but he too has been agreeing with the king on and on about things. Back to Creon, another proof is when Creon said "I won't encourage you or cheer you up, by saying the sentence won't be carried out" (line 1048-1049). Creon is making his self be known that he will carry out the death sentence that he has put on Antigone. So Creon is guilty of the death of his family member and Antigone. He has done a crime of the death of these people mentioned that he should be jugded upon by you, the judge so this ends my case of Creon being guilty.

2 comments:

Va Thao said...

I got it to work and I chose Antigone because I really like her role in the play. So why did you choose Creon?

Va Thao said...

Check your spelling and grammar, I am a bit confused.